Sunday, August 23, 2009

Unexpected.

"It's your gradual descent into a life you never meant". I always reference this line from one of my favorite Rilo Kiley songs ("A man/Me/Then Jim", in case you were curious) and it always gets me thinking...

Things almost never turn out the way we had planned, but I feel like they always work out in the end. Don't you think?

Sometimes your spur-of-the-moment ideas turn out to the best. Sometimes a believed "mistake" turns into an achievement.

I put this photo with this post because I think it embodies all this. I call it the "almost flower" because it's not even really a flower, but a part of a rosebush in my yard. See the thorny insides? But taken in macro and converted to grayscale, it seems like a pretty flower. And I actually took this photo almost a year ago, but it wasn't until today that I found it again. I always look through my old stuff and find new ways of looking at them. A new edit.

And everytime I write these blog posts, I never know where I am going with them ;) I just sit here with an idea, and start typing. No rough drafts. And I hate to use the backspace to delete what I've written. And sometimes, these ideas turn into something great (and sometimes not, but hey.)

There's always that question, "if you could go back in time, what would you do differently?" And many times people are quick to say they would fix a certain mistake. But then you get other people who say they wouldn't change a thing, because it's all brought them to where they are today.

Even little decisions can have a large impact on your life later on down the line.

I never knew that I would have this shop on Etsy. And if you remember, WorksInProgress started out as a photography shop, and now look at what it has morphed into! It all kind of started on a whim, but now it is so important to me.

And all the places you've been, the people you've met, etc, you might not be the person you were today if one of those things hadn't happened.

And had you not gone to some of those places you've been, you may not have met these important people! Had your parents decided to go to different colleges than where they ended up, they would not have met and you would not be here. It's so odd to think of all this though, and you can't live your life on what ifs.

There's that saying also, "everything happens for a reason".

And it may not work out like you plan, but it WILL work out. :)

♥ kelsey.

3 comments:

Anonymous August 23, 2009 at 3:43 AM  

I completely agree... though I am at the moment in time where I am waiting to find out the reason why some things happen, and I am waiting for it to work out again...
BTW, I LOVE Rilo Kiley! I've been a huge fan for years & years!!

twostraycats August 24, 2009 at 12:08 AM  

I love this post :)
and the photo :)

Lily

Sierra August 26, 2009 at 7:10 PM  

Hi love, I just wanted to tell you that I love your sea ring on Etsy, so cute!

Post a Comment

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥