Thursday, September 10, 2009

Have you seen this movie?


The Purple Rose of Cairo (1985)

It was very interesting! My mom and I caught it when it was on TV last week, but I did miss the beginning.

The basic premise is that Tom Baxter (played by Jeff Daniels) is a film character in a 1930's movie. Somehow he is able to jump off the screen and join the real world. He then meets and falls in love with Cecilia (Mia Farrow).

It was very cute actually. Tom was so naive as to what goes on in real life and they face a few mishaps.

The trouble starts when the actor who plays Tom in the movie becomes so upset that this character he created is out gallivanting around in the real world. But then he too meets Cecilia and falls in love...

Who will she choose?

Btw, I absolutely hated the ending. My mom and I just about screamed at the television... But other than that, it was nice. :P

2 comments:

twostraycats September 11, 2009 at 12:45 AM  

I haven't seen it (but I bet my Mum has ~ I'm going to ask her next time I talk to her :) ~ I want to see it now just to see the ending :)

Lily

Anonymous September 11, 2009 at 8:41 AM  

Hi!

I really like your blog.

I just started mine a few weeks ago, and i would really appreciate it if you read it and told me what you think.

- Jill

www.stylemansion.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥