Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Goodwill toward men (and shopping!).

I am not afraid to admit it -- I love Goodwill.

My mom and I head there fairly often and always come back with something new (to us!) and great. We don't have a lot of antique/thrift stores here but thankfully we have a really nice Goodwill. ;)

Where I used to live in MD, not gonna lie, the Goodwill was kind of gross. But here, it's another story!

I think also there must be tons of rich people around here, and then they give their stuff to Goodwill :)

Also! The local Target must be donating their leftover clearance to the Goodwill because I can go there and get a brand new Target dress (with tags still attached, but the price portion ripped off, hehe) for 5 dollars. Score! Yesterday in fact, I got *new* cute boots for 3.50! :)

And Target has some nice clothes! It is seriously one of my favorite places to shop (also not afraid to admit it, I even went there yesterday) and they have a lot of "hip" designers.

Also Goodwill is the best place to get books here! I find all kinds of little gems and even brand new books too. That is probably the favorite section for my mom and me, the books.

Seriously, this place is like no Goodwill I'd ever seen before.

I also got a really cool typewriter there a few weeks back, my mom surprised me with it since she knew I had been wanting one! 15 dollars, and it has a case, hehe.

What are some of your favorite thrift/Goodwill finds?!

♥ kelsey.

4 comments:

Amy September 8, 2009 at 1:31 PM  

Yay, I love Goodwill!! Sometimes it's hard to find something, but sometimes you find a treasure! I got a set of really cute mugs at Goodwill (some floral and some plain aqua- actually, you can see one of the mugs on my stack of books in that feature about me on foundpaperco!). Wouldn't it be fun to get all of the etsy thrifters together for a giant shopping spree/treasure hunt?!! If only...lol..

P.S. Thanks for entering my giveaway! The words you suggested are great. :) The winner will receive a cuff that is not embroidered, but I'm looking for inspiration for future cuffs!!

xoxo
Amy

TaraFly September 8, 2009 at 1:48 PM  

I haven't been to Goodwill in ages... I live in MD, so we have "the gross ones". LOL
I scored with baby clothes and maternity outfits, because I refuse to spend tons of money on apparel that only fits for a season. :)

You're right about books! Especially children's books, which also have a short lifespan in my home.
I rarely shop for myself anymore, except to purchase art supplies. LOL But for finding cheap kids' stuff... Goodwill rocks! I'm so appreciative of the kind folks who donate... and of course, when the cute little outfits have been worn twice and my daughter can no longer fit them - I send them BACK to the Goodwill. Hahaha

Anonymous September 8, 2009 at 6:52 PM  

Goodwill is my favorite place ever, and Target also, like we discussed on Twitter (: My favorite shirt and shorts, which fit perfectly, came from Goodwill. Oh, and I get the majority of my book covers for my shop from there.

Emily October 12, 2009 at 11:31 AM  

My favorite Goodwill purchase of all time:

http://adelaidestayed.blogspot.com/2009/09/september-1-bet-thing-ever.html

And I think Target does give to Goodwill because I've found several cute new Target pieces there!

Post a Comment

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥