Saturday, September 5, 2009

What is stopping you?

My friend Erica showed me this the other day and I thought it was worth sharing it with you all also :) She posted it over on her BLOG too.

It really gets me thinking because I do have a lot of these excuses that are stopping me from doing certain things. I'm sure you can relate to at least a few of them...



If you click the picture, you are taken to its DeviantArt page, where you can see the full version. It's a bit hard to read this small.

Ones that stand out right away --
"I'm not beautiful."
"I'm not skinny."
"I'm not brave."
"My family won't allow me."
"I don't have time."

Inqy said: This interesting little blob's composition caught my attention first. Once I fully viewed and understood it, I realized just how much sense it makes -- on the peripheral, we can see the beginnings of our excuses, and they melt together until all we have is a congealed mess. This unreadable center is what stops us. It's difficult to break away once our excuses have become impossible to read or remember. What is stopping you? by ~boss13055 (Suggested by =Inqy and Featured by `ArhcamtIlnaad)

So what's stopping you?

♥ kelsey.

2 comments:

Erica September 9, 2009 at 12:16 AM  

Yes! I love this piece! so inspirational! (:

S and O January 7, 2010 at 10:09 PM  

now that's just so damn cool (not to mention a bit haunting) and very true...
you should write more, your posts always have an interesting twist to them.
take care!
xoxo
Olivia

Post a Comment

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥