Saturday, September 5, 2009

What kind...

...of blogs do you like to read?

I know that people inevitably get tired of the "NOW IN SHOP!!!!" posts... That's why I like to write about other things instead. Feature other sellers. Quotes. That sort of thing...

What I really would like to do is write some meaningful posts. That of course is easier said than done.

Some things I would absolutely love to write about, I am too afraid to do so. Re: "What's stopping you?"

I do kind of like the idea that blogs are so public, that the people who will be reading them don't actually "know" me. For some reason that makes it seem easier to digest the criticisms.

But then in the back of my mind, I'm always worried who is (or isn't!) reading them.

It is a bit silly to write a blog post, and hope that someone reads it. But then, call me silly. I do hope people read this.

I've been known to write as my Facebook status, "Kelsey wonders if you took the time to read this." It is a bit silly, but for some reason it matters to me. Must be partly because I often think no one at all cares. So I need some reassurance.

But with the blog, that's not really what I'm looking for. I want people to read something I write or post here, and react in some way to it. Hopefully a positive reaction! Maybe they are inspired or moved by something.

But then I also get to thinking about the reason I initially began this blog; to promote my shop. I am scared to stray too far from Etsy/jewelry/photography for fear of alienating or losing what readers I do have.

So you let me know; what kinds of things would you like to see here? Does it bother you to see things beyond the Etsy related?

Whatever your answers, I may have to go with my heart, for once, and post things beyond the standard shop related.

♥ kelsey.

oh and you may notice that the blog address now reads akingdombythesea.com! yayyy! :) I finally got it to work.

4 comments:

Anonymous September 5, 2009 at 5:01 PM  

i think you should stop focusing so hard on what others want and focus on yourself. the beauty of your products & ideas is what grabs people... be confident and pursue what you feel is TRULY you and not just what others WANT to hear.. YOU are more important than some random person's idea of who you are. you have nothing to prove. be YOU!!!

Amy September 6, 2009 at 1:18 AM  

When I post something I always wonder if someone will read it, too. That is normal! I don't like feeling like I'm talking to myself, ya know?

My favorite blogs are blogs that give brief etsy shop news but also let me into little bits of their lives..like photos from around their home or of treasures they own or things they collect...

Anonymous September 6, 2009 at 3:50 AM  

It's funny you posted this now, as I just wrote a blog post about my favorite blogs, and yours is honorably mentioned there too...
I like it that you share your thoughts, and are opening up your personal life as well as promote yourself and others. You have a good mix here, so don't worry about it! I personally am one of those readers that enjoys your blog :)

Erica September 9, 2009 at 12:48 AM  

Kelsey! this is something that I've been thinking a lot about too.

I think that I'm going to take that route even if it means straying from potential buyers. I want my blog to have personality and I want to be able to enhance my knowledge because I'm looking for information to write in an article.

I want to write about real life issues and things can change the world instead of just etsy shops (although there can be a mix haha)

What are you passionate about? What do you wanna learn about? What have you alwyas wanted to learn more about but never took time to read about?

That's what I wanna read in peoples blogs.

Post a Comment

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥