Friday, October 16, 2009

Keeping you posted.

So sorry for not updating this blog more...

I've been doing a little soul-searching! I've been spending the past few weeks, reliving my past. Not an easy thing to do...

People always say, "Be yourself." Well, in order to be yourself, you have to know who you are. Seems quite simple, but not really. Most people spend a great deal of time, finding themselves.

So that's what I'm working on! ;)

And there have been a lot of changes in the past year; I moved (with my family) to NC from my hometown back in MD. For much of this time, I'd been holding on to the past, and I kept thinking that things weren't done with MD. But I guess I'm finally realizing, that I don't live there anymore, and I need to make my life here. That still doesn't make it any easier though! :P

And in the past week, a close friendship with a friend from "back home" all but dissolved... I realize that as people get older, they grow apart, but still, it doesn't make it any easier.

The good thing that has come out of all of this though, is that I am finally ready (I think) to start my life in NC! I kept thinking that this stay here was only temporary, and I could just go back to MD. I've finally accepted though that I live HERE now. And I'm excited for what my future holds :)

Huzzah! It only took me a year, but I'm ready.

I'm hopefully going to find a job somewhere around here... I love my Etsy stuff, but I also need to get out there and meet REAL PEOPLE! ;) Maybe take some classes, too. :) I'm excited! woooot.

I'll keep you posted. ;)

♥ kelsey.

5 comments:

Anonymous October 17, 2009 at 5:35 AM  

You are so young... you have a whole life time to live before you need to be at a place where you think back on your past...
Enjoy the moment, build new friendships, love NC :)

Stephanie of Pretty {much} Art October 17, 2009 at 3:17 PM  

Good luck in your new endeavors Kelsey. Changes can be difficult, but things happen for a reason. I'm so glad your excited to move on to bigger and better things.

Stephanie of Pretty {much} Art October 17, 2009 at 3:19 PM  

*you're. That second "your" should have been "you're" Sorry. I hate mistakes like that! Haha.

Erica October 17, 2009 at 10:26 PM  

Aw, Kels. I'm really happy that you've come to terms with this and you're ready to embrace what the future holds --- I can tell it's going to be a lot better than the past year.

Talk to you sooooon,
Erica

S and O October 19, 2009 at 9:16 PM  

So sad to hear about your friendship dissolving...
I have this friendship that's kind of the reverse of your situation.
This girl I grew up with, moved away (she used to be my next door neighbor) around four years ago. Before she left i snagged an address from her and we've been writing back and forth via snail mail, ever since.
It's awesome that she still cares enough to keep me in her life even though we never see each other. Not only that, we are so different from each other, personality-wise, and interest wise we're on opposite sides of the board. It is simply an amazing thing and I'd hate for it to have to end:(

Olivia

p.s. so before I wrote that novel of a comment (sorry for all the rambling:) I came here to let you know that I gave you an award for your lovely little blog:)

And good luck girl with your future! I hope everything works out for you, just gotta keep your chin up...

Post a Comment

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥